Founded in 2001, the University Ballet of Chicago seeks to provide classical ballet instruction and performance opportunities at the University of Chicago. University Ballet strives to create a supportive and inclusive environment, fostering the love and enjoyment of ballet for all of its members. Since its founding, the company has produced more than a dozen classical and contemporary productions, showcasing the talents of undergraduates, graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, university employees, and Chicago community members.
University Ballet hosts free ballet classes on campus for the entire Chicago community. UBallet also offers the opportunity for members of the community to see and perform in full-length classical and contemporary ballets: the company puts on two productions a year, and all interested dancers who audition are cast in a role, regardless of previous experience.
Executive Committee 2016-2017
- Executive Director: Zoe Makoul
- Artistic Directors: Natalie Dowling and Riko Kanaida
- Operations Coordinator: Chris Chen
- Creative Director: Kelsey Hopkins
- Scenic Coordinator: Antonio Cruz-Uribe
- Costume Coordinator: Natalie Hills
- Finance Director: Andrew Chuang
- Marketing Director: David Flomenbaum
- Digital Media & Print Coordinator: Kyle Wickham
- Head of Teaching and Outreach: Teddy Watler
We are proud to partner with: