Founded in 2001, the University Ballet of Chicago seeks to provide classical ballet instruction and performance opportunities at the University of Chicago. University Ballet strives to create a supportive and inclusive environment, fostering the love and enjoyment of ballet for all of its members. Since its founding, the company has produced more than a dozen classical and contemporary productions, showcasing the talents of undergraduates, graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, university employees, and Chicago community members.
University Ballet hosts free ballet classes on campus for the entire Chicago community. UBallet also offers the opportunity for members of the community to see and perform in full-length classical and contemporary ballets: the company puts on two productions a year, and all interested dancers who audition are cast in a role, regardless of previous experience.
Executive Committee 2017-2018
- Executive Director: Zoe Makoul
- Artistic Directors: Kelsey Hopkins
- Operations Coordinator: Chris Chen and Antonio Cruz-Uribe
- Creative Director: Katherine Gao
- Scenic Coordinator: Natalie Hills
- Costume Coordinator: Riko Kanaida and Lena Mueller
- Finance Director: Laura Swain
- Marketing Director: Isabella Lee
- Digital Media & Print Coordinator: Kyle Wickham
- Head of Teaching and Outreach: Elizabeth Smith
We are proud to partner with: